The MEET Project
The MEET Project is implemented under the ENPI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme, and is financed, for an amount of 5 million Euro, by the European Union through the European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument. The ENPI CBC Med Programme aims at reinforcing cooperation between the European Union and partner countries regions placed along the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.
Majjistral Nature and History Park is being set up for Eco-Tourism through the MEET project. To achieve this we need to achieve the following objectives:
Setting up a forum for discussion and meetings
- Stake Holder meetings and workshops during which the general public and stake holders are involved in the discussion.
- Promotion through newsletters and the Park website.
Design of an eco-tourism package
We are currently creating an eco-tourism package and are carrying out the second test visit.
Rehabilitation of site and small interventions
- Upgrading of visitor centre including, new information boards and printing of brochures.
- Regeneration of paths by constructing or blocking certain paths.
- Turning existing barrack buildings into dormitories.